Packaging, Engineer, Manufacturing,
Due to a re-structure within the Packaging Team, we are searching for a Packaging Technician to focus on specific duties within the department including supporting the Packaging Technologists with pack testing/validation, line trials, specification writing, systems management (drawing files, signed samples etc).
This role reports to the Packaging Manager and Senior Process Engineer.
We are looking for someone with confidence and good communication skills who can on occasions liaise, communicate and gain information from colleagues on the production lines, as the role is weighted on the production side of things, so an interest in manufacturing/automation would therefore be beneficial together with the ability to handle multiple projects, work cross-functionally and deliver against company goals and objectives
What educational background and skills are required?
A University degree or A level in a sciences/design or equivalent industry experience would be helpful.
Other duties will include but not limited to:
- Managing project documentation, create specifications, manage specification systems
- Execute package testing plans, monitor stability studies and issue stability reports
- Offer factory support for pack design related engineering issues
- Implement transport tests to assure outer packaging and pallet designs are sufficient to deliver high quality product to customers
- Assist with industrial line trials: order materials, data recording, and set up
- Produce documents for the assembly of technical dossiers and customer specifications
- Identification of new product ideas and cost initiatives
- Assist with quality investigation regarding pack design
- Maintain documentation systems
- External liaison with third party manufacturers to obtain specification approvals for example
We are looking to fill this position as soon s possible, so if you feel you have the right experience for this role, then please email your up to date CV asap.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844