Job Title: Workshop Manger
Salary: Competative depending on experience
Benefits: Free Parking, 21 days Holiday + Bank holidays, Company Pension.
Our Client: A family business who are ranked within the top 50 companies on the Sunday Times International Track 200 league table. Set in the heart of the Kent countryside, their mission from the outset has been to deliver outstanding quality across every aspect of the business. Across three sites they employ over 270 people in the design, manufacture and installation products that you can find in many landscape pictures.
As an experienced workshop manager you will play a vital role in the plant, managing the day to day operations of the department, managing a team of approximately 12/14 operatives. Close control of efficiency and time management is critical to this role. The role requires good attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team. The department has a significant number of challenges and provides a just in time service that requires a hands on approach to management and the ability to think on your feet.
- The role is physical therefore, a good level of general fitness is key.
- The willingness to complete overtime, including working every other Saturday morning.
- Previous experience of managing and exceding performance measure and the ability to implement action plans.
- Previous experience in delivering training.
- Previous experience of working to ISO9001 procedures
- Previous experience of managing a busy manufacturing workshop in a supervisory or management position.
- Take accountability for the running of the plant, to ensure the team meets agreed delivery, quality, cost, and efficiency objectives.
- Lead continuous improvement in the team to drive out waste from all processes and to reduce cost. At least a quarter of your time should be spent on activities that measurably improve the team’s performance.
- Take accountability for customers orders loaded onto the plant track using space efficiently and economically
- Meet agreed delivery, quality, cost, and efficiency objectives.
- Drive out waste from all processes and to reduce cost.
- Final quality inspection for all products leaving the plant.
Closing date for applications is the 18th April 19 so don’t delay apply today!
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844