We are currently recruiting for a world leading manufacturing client (non-food) and key employer in Ashford for a permanent Warehouse Supervisor, working on the 6am – 2pm shift, Monday to Friday.
As an experience manager you will be required to manage the raw materials warehouse operation. Control of warehouse personnel, planning and organising daily orders for the factory and consumables for the logistic warehouse and to ensure all orders are 100% correct prior to dispatch.
Candidates must possess excellent leadership, planning, organisation and communication skills. Be able to motivate others, be team orientated and able to demonstrate continual improvement in the work place. Experience of managing a team in a Warehouse environment is essential for this position.
Key Areas of responsibility
• Plan, organise and control production activity to ensure that quality, volume and cost outcomes are achieved.
• Recruit, lead and motivate a group of staff to ensure that enough people with the required knowledge, attitude and skills exist to meet production demands.
• Create and sustain a climate where good employee relations are maintained.
• Compile and analyse relevant data regarding the achievement of KSIs to identify underlying trends, implement opportunities to enhance performance and optimise the use of resources.
• Monitor and review working practice taking corrective action and providing guidance to team leaders and others as required ensuring that regulatory, quality and health and safety standards are met.
• Appraise, develop and coach team members in new ways of working so that they become self-managing whenever possible in meeting changing customer/business unit requirements.
• Promote Continuous Improvement activities to develop better ways of working.
• Act as the focal point for support services such as IT, Technical Support, Engineering, and Maintenance to ensure that required standards of service are provided.
An excellent package waits the successful candidate.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844