Technical Manage and Packaging Lead
We are looking for an experienced Technical manager Packaging Lead with a degree in scientific, food and or sustainability field. The role is based within the Catering Supply Industry to manage all elements relating to Product Quality, Safety, Legality, and Integrity for a distinct portfolio of suppliers and products providing comprehensive technical support. Leading the packaging agenda to drive continuous improvement and consistency across the business. The successful candidates will need to have good knowledge of effective quality management & HACCP systems. As well as familiarity of European and UK legislation.
Salary: £40,000 + £5,500 car allowance + Excellent Benefits
Location: Ashford, Kent
All About the ROLE!
- Provide support, guidance and expertise to the procurement & category team in context of supplier selection, supplier expertise, product quality attributes and control parameters which will successfully contribute to exceeding customer expectations, growing sales and profit.
- Support the Constellation initiative to deliver against the annual growth target.
- To keep up to date with all industry challenges, issues and developments, sharing insight within the technical, category & procurements teams to mitigate impact and support sales growth.
- Effective supplier management from initial selection & approval through conducting site visits, setting clear technical expectations, providing guidance & support, issuing performance updates and instigate joint business/improvement plans.
- Maintain the approved supplier database, complete due diligence visits as required ensuring visit reports are documented and all non-conformances are effective closed out.
- Maintain up to date specifications for all products. Generate and approve own brand artwork.
- Instigate product risk management action plan & develop an awareness of emerging issues, escalating within the business to mitigate business and customer impact.
- Focus on complaint trending, monitoring & root case analysis, working with suppliers to support the annual KPI. Instigate a robust quality assessment programme for product range.
- Provide support & input to ensure marketing literature is informative for our customers.
- Support NPD product launches including first production runs.
- Deliver innovative technical solutions which add value to the business in areas such as cost reduction and/or improved quality without cost increase.
- Provide the Companies interface with key industry partners to drive and shape the companies packaging policy, including packaging component specifications, new materials, impact on recyclability and sustainability.
All About YOU the ESSENTIALS!
Degree with a scientific, food and or sustainability background.
Relevant industry experience such as Catering or FMCG
Strong analytical and IT skills.
Knowledge of effective quality management & HACCP systems.
Knowledge of European and UK legislation.
Effective communication skills and well-organized with effective project management skills.
Willingness to travel (Car allowance)
Sound understanding of packaging development, processes and environmental issues.
Comprehensive understanding of current legislation.
Wide-ranging understanding of developing trends and technologies.
Experience in working with multi-functional teams.
Strong, effective communication skills.
Very good organisational and project management skills.
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Daniella Challinor Pettit
Tel: 01303 220844