Senior Procurement Manager Ashford
Recruitment Solutions (Folkestone) LTD are recruiting a Senior Procurement Manager for a very large company based in Ashford, Kent. Fantastic salary and benefits on offer! Do you have at least 5-10 years’ work experience in purchasing, ideally in FMCG environment, if so please read on……
Salary: - Up to £65k+ Benefits and Car
The purpose of this role is to negotiate the lowest cost price for market relevant products from the most appropriate suppliers, reducing complaint levels, improving availability, helping to drive sales and improve profitability.
All About the ROLE!
- Stand in for Category Procurement Director in meetings where relevant, communicate at Board level internally and with suppliers
- To agree cost prices for all products.
- To agree payment terms with our suppliers and improve working capital
- To choose suppliers that meet our technical policy
- Monitor supplier performance in complaints and availability and agree corrective action where necessary
- To agree joint business plans with key suppliers
- To maintain accurate actual cost files and savings trackers
- To support category management in range decisions and driving sales
- To support sales force in tenders
- To give the business market insight to support pricing decisions
- To improve annual terms on a year to year basis
- To lead the team in day to day activities
- Work with the product development team to innovate and value creation
- Work across Company Groups
- Ultimately if the procurement manager chooses the wrong supplier we will have no product to sell and no customers, they take the ultimate responsibility in ensuring the supplier is right for the business and are empowered to do so.
All About YOU!
- 5-10 years’ work experience in purchasing, ideally in FMCG environment
- Proven track record of managing a significant cost of goods with strong motivation to deliver cost savings
- Experience of working with external customers
- MS office- min of intermediate excel, word and powerpoint
- Flexibility to travel
- Awareness of FMCG purchasing processes
- Confidence and experience in presenting to large audiences
Please send in your CV today!
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Daniella Challinor Pettit
Tel: 01303 220844