Production Planner Buyer
We are looking for and experienced Production Planner Buyer to join our growing Market Leading client based in Whitstable.
The successful applicant will be responsible for planning the top level and sub assembly production of assigned products groups and reporting accordingly on relevant KPI's and risk factors. They will also be responsible for all aspects of procurement activity associated with procuring a designated range of goods at optimum cost, delivered on time and to the required quality standard.
All About the ROLE!
- Developing Production Plans that meet customer requirements and are in line with production capacity
- Publishing customer open order book schedules as requested
- Maintaining and updating M1 Planning data to ensure current accurate information is available to the wider business
- Releasing production work orders to manufacturing
- Liaising with the existing suppliers and seeking out opportunities to improve the supply chain
- Preparing and submitting reports using Excel and other tools
All About YOU!
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths Grace C or above
- Production Planning / Scheduling and material purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience preparing production plans against capacity hours and material availability, as well as exporting and analysing data and working with high volume part numbers and orders
- Experience liaising with suppliers and customers (external and internal) daily and maintaining relationships
- Purchase order follow up experience
- Supply chain improvement experience, including addressing issues, identifying potential opportunities for development and monitoring performance
- Use of an MRP production planning system, preferably M1
- Good understanding of planning and buying process requirements
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge and experience, including pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, etc
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 8am-5.30pm and Friday 8am-1pm
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.