We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to organise and oversee the manufacture and product development of our wide range of timber based products. You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of production and the quality of output to schedule and budget.
We expect you to have an in-depth knowledge of efficient production processes. The ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance will set you apart as a leader. Decision-making and problem-solving will take up a great part of your day.
The goal is to ensure an efficient and productive manufacturing process, producing high quality, long lasting products, that meets customer requirements.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will:
· Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
· Oversee and lead the timber product development process to ensure it delivers high quality, cost effective and timely solutions in line with business needs.
· Organise workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
· Monitor and drive production to achieve deadlines and continuously improve, resolving issues that arise.
· Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel (around 50)
· Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.)
· Work with Maintenance and others to schedule planned maintenance work, specify and purchase equipment etc.
· To continually maintain and improve the quality of our products
· Enforce and develop health and safety and environmental systems, supported by the H&S manager, to meet relevant standards
· Proven experience and a solid track record in production management
· Experience in design for customer specific product applications and product development
· Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
· Knowledge of performance evaluation
· Experience in reporting on key production metrics
· Proficient in MS Office and Autocad, and a working knowledge of ERP and Manufacturing systems
· Outstanding communication ability
· Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
· Experience of HR management and recruitment within a functional operational role
· Willingness to be flexible in order to meet the business needs
· Attention to detail
· Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
This is an excellent opportunity for a committed hard working individual to join an established forward thinking business who are a leading brand within their industry.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844