You must remember that whilst looking for a job, your CV is your most important selling tool. Prospective employers will use it to decide if they want to see you for interview – or not! Content is important but presentation is equally important.
Invest some time in producing a professional CV and you will hopefully reap the rewards.
Content and Presentation
Take into account that Recruiters are busy, so limit your CV to a maximum of two sides of A4 where possible unless you are applying for a Technical or Management role for example where a lengthier CV may be appropriate.
You can obtain additional information in relation to CV style quite easily from the internet. You should aim to place all the most important information (personal details, education, current job, relevant skills) on the first page.
- Keep information factual and to the point.
- You could entertain preparing a short and concise profile, introducing yourself and point out your experience relevant to the position you are applying for.
- Ensure you include accurate dates of employment defining your work history(start at the most recent date and work your way back chronologically).
- Use bullet points where possible – this makes the CV easier on the eye.
- Give examples where you can to describe your skills and experience: include a number of bullet points and include specific skills and experience relevant to you and the position you are applying for. These could be under a sub heading Key Skills.
- Be honest – you’ll have to talk through your CV at the interview.
- Keep the layout clean and organised.
- Always double check for spelling and grammatical errors!
- Include your hobbies and interests.
- It is not necessary to include any personal details about your immediate family.
Latest Job Posts
Having been at Jackson's for 13 years I have seen a fair few agencies supply various members of staff to Jackson's Fencing. I have been utilising RSFL for the 4 years now. We have found the level of service to be of a very high qu...
I wanted to say a BIG thank you for your service, which I think is above excellent. You have been fantastic from the word go, giving me advice, explaining the job role to me and giving me a really personal service that is really a...
I work for a fast moving fresh process manufacturing site delivering into bakeries that deal with the major supermarkets. Recruitment Solutions meet all our needs from the casual temps to the temp to perm, but also in the field of...
Our company have been using Recruitment Solutions for a long time now. When I took over in my position 2 years ago. I had lot of dealing with Heather Morgan. She understands the requirements of our office and type of person needed...
Heather and her team have supplied Shepway District Council with grounds maintenance staff for around 6 years, everything from tractor drivers to gardeners to toilet cleaners. We have always found the company to be extremely profe...
Grounds Maintenance Manager
Grounds Maintenance Manager
I have been impressed with the quality of candidates from the assignments we have placed with RSFL. I am sure this has come from the consultants thorough understanding of the brief coupled with her attention to detail on who would...
I am extremely impressed with Recruitment Solutions, mainly because of the kindness, time and dedication that you show to all your clients. This is reflected by all agents I have spoken to, especially Danni, who's an amazing Recru...
We have worked with Recruitment Solutions for a number of years now, on several Development & Quality Engineering roles. They have always demonstrated a thorough understanding of the brief, providing relevant advice where necessa...
I just want to say thank you for giving me this amazing opportunity in something I thought I gave up in. Lab work has always been a dream of mine, and I thought that dream would never happen. Thank you for believing in the person ...