We are currently looking for a Multi Skilled Engineer to join our Engineering team. The ideal candidate must have both an Electrical and Mechanical background and experience of working on high speed lines in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods business. As part of this role you will be required to work a shift pattern of 12 hours rotating between 6am – 6pm or 6pm to 6am on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
· Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all production & plant equipment whilst driving efficiencies through continuous improvement activities.
· Execute maintenance procedures and prioritise all work in line with plant needs and production availability.
· Complete regular checks and testing on all plant to ensure they are operating within specification.(recorded appropriately)
· Ensure that Health and Safety and Quality procedures are followed, ensuring that standards are maintained i.e. work in a tidy, clean, safe, structured and professional manner.
· Comply with all Corporate, Health and Safety and Environmental rules, standards and legislation (including 17th edition IEE Wiring Regulations for multi-skilled).
Skills and competencies required for this role:
· Extensive experience of working in an automated FMCG environment
· Extensive experience of working with processing and packaging machinery
· Mechanical qualification City & Guilds or NVQ L3 equivalent
· Electrical qualification City & Guilds or NVQ L3 equivalent
· 17th Edition electrical qualification
· Experience of troubleshooting and resolving PLC & Robotic issues
· Detailed experience of carrying out reactive, planned, preventative and predictive maintenance
· Working knowledge of leading continuous improvement and SMED projects
· Knowledge of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
· Can do approach to problems
· Ability to work independently and manage self and time
· Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff and contractors within the business
· Works well as part of a team
· Detailed problem solving abilities and experience of formal problem solving techniques
· Basic Lean Six Sigma qualifications (yellow or ideally green belt)
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844