Title: Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical)
Location: Rural Ashford
Our client, an established manufacturing company in Ashford currently have a requirement for a Mechanical Maintenance Fitter to join their established team.
You will be responsible for daily maintenance on a wide range of machines & equipment both within the manufacturing site and with a large local client. Process experience requirements include cutting, milling, turning, broaching and general machining. In addition candidates would ideally have electrical experience however this is not essential.
Duties will include day-to-day mechanical fault finding and rectification, planned preventative maintenance activities and process improvements.
Ideal candidates will;
- Have come from a manufacturing maintenance/ Engineering background and have a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Have previous machine tool experience.
- Hold recognised City & Guilds, Mechanical ONC/HNC qualifications. In addition to the above, candidates who can demonstrate a proven track record in the following disciplines would be given first priority.
- Electrical knowledge and education would be an advantage.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and to specific deadlines. This may involve working over and above the contracted hours as & when required.
- Good communications, interpersonal skills and the ability to work unsupervised are to be considered as essential personal attributes.
Your core hours of work will be on a 2 weekly rota as follows:
Week 1 Monday (0730 - 1815), Tuesday (0730 - 1815), Wednesday (0830 - 1915), Thursday (0830 - 1915)
Week 2 Wednesday (0730 - 1815), Thursday (0730 - 1815), Friday (0730 - 1815), Saturday (0600 - 1600).
However the nature of this role will require you to commit to overtime to complete emergency repairs to allow production to run smoothly.
For your opportunity to join an established company who have an outstanding reputation for innovation, quality and customer service please forward a copy of your up to date CV and successful candidates will be contacted.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844