We are currently recruiting for an experienced Legal Secretary who is accustomed to PI/Clinical Negligence. This is a full-time opportunity, based in Canterbury at an established law firm. Predominately you will be providing full secretarial support to one of the Directors however, there will be some minor Office Manager duties required too.
Applicants for this opportunity MUST have worked within the Legal environment as a Legal Secretary.
Furthermore, the role will also involve:
- Providing secretarial support
- Dealing with client queries in person and by phone
- Good audio typing skills using MS Word, Excel, Bighand digital dictation etc.
- Preparation of correspondence and documents -audio typing via the digital dictation system
- Filing, photocopying and opening/closing client files
- Regular consideration of client files and liaising with Director on any action required
- Maintaining and coordinating Director’s diary and diary notes and reporting on these as necessary
- To provide ad hoc secretarial cover for sickness and holiday absences in the team when needed
- Liaise with HR Manager to arrange secretarial cover for holiday/sickness when essential
- Maintain and submit attendance schedule on a monthly basis
- Assist where possible with minor staff problems; escalating as necessary
- Liaise with the Facilities Manager with regard to maintenance, office furniture requirements, health and safety issues etc.
- Report system problems to IT Manager, office cleaning contractor and printer engineers arranging service/support as necessary
- Introduction of new staff to co-workers and office procedures (health and safety, post, DX etc.)
- Maintain petty cash float
- Liaise with Landlords in relation to fire drills, weekly alarm tests, building maintenance issues etc
This is an exciting permanent opportunity for a Legal Secretary to take on further responsibility. You will be rewarded with a salary of £20-21,500 depending on experience.
Apply today and don’t miss out!
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844