Project Management, Manufacturing, FMCG, Personal Care, Cosmetics, Food
A superb opportunity for a Junior Project Manager with a global manufacturing client in the area.
The role is being presented on a 12 month fixed term contract basis to help with the implementation of an exciting new acquisition and the effect of Brexit on the business.
In terms of the ideal industry experience we are seeking in an individual for this role, it would be fast moving consumer goods, manufacturing, (ie. food, drink, cosmetics etc).
The role involves the professional project management of new product launches and product changes for a portfolio of projects.
You will be responsible for overseeing multiple projects from initial feasibility through to launch implementation. This role will also include management of Research & Development and Supply Chain projects across the organisation so a wonderful opportunity for an individual to stamp their mark on the position!
Whilst you will have responsibility for operational task management of the project teams that you manage, there is no direct line management responsibility but to be successful in this role, you wil require exceptional communication skills in order to relay and co-ordinate information across the business.
- Overall responsibility for driving project “on time, in full and on cost” delivery. Overall project leadership for a portfolio of projects across several brands.
- Facilitate the definition of project goals, objectives, scope, milestones and deliverables.
- Ensuring full feasibility analyses (technical and business assessment) are conducted to include all aspects of the project (not just cost). Define project tasks and resource requirements with the project team and resource management.
- Develop the full scale schedule and the subsequent management of the project against that schedule.
- Ensure project risks are assessed, managed and mitigated as part of the project plan.
Review risks and changes in risk status as part of routine progress reporting.
Project progress reporting both in written reports and presentations at all levels within the organisation – both in Europe and internationally.
- Change management & change control including the escalation of change issues that impact on the project fundamentals of time, cost, quality and scope.
- Coordinate creation of Master Data to ensure that new products are set-up, live and costed on the SAP system on time. For in-house produced products, responsibility for seeing that Bills of Material are created, approved and loaded in a timely manner.
- Manage smooth transition from project to on-going production; release meetings, including Quality department, to be held for all NPD projects.
- Project evaluation, assessment and communication of results
Skills and knowledge we are seeking
- Proven experience in Innovation and development projects, particularly within the FMCG sector, to achieve successful project outcomes
- Ability to manage complex cross functional projects
- Experience in managing and mitigating risk.
- Project Management: External certification (e.g. IPMA, APM, PMI, Prince2) preferable and experience with MS Project essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Effective communicator at all levels. Good presentation skills and ability to conduct effective meetings and presentations with large teams.
- Bias for Action, with a professional and positive approach - a can do attitude with a willingness to go the extra mile when required
- Dynamic, self-motivated and self sufficient
- Ability to cope with pressure, assertive and adaptable
Languages / other
- English with French an advantage – although not considered essential.
- Driving licence
- Must be prepared for occasional travel in UK and overseas
Our client is offering a favourable basic salary and benefits package.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844