IT Helpdesk Assistant
For this role, we are looking for someone who has at least 1 year's IT support experience.
Working within the IT department the purpose of this role is to provide 1st line IT support to end users, responding to and managing logged cases and calls for assistance, prioritising and fixing issues, to enable the department to offer the best service possible to its customers.
Duties of the Post Holder
· To facilitate the first customer contact point for the IT department.
· Recording and tracking incidents and requests.
· Making an initial assessment of incidents and request cases, attempting to resolve them or involving other team members who can.
· Closing incidents and requests following confirmation with the staff member.
· Setting up new users and helping us to adopt new systems.
· To monitor system alerts and to ensure escalation to appropriate individual or team.
· To be flexible, as required, to cover annual leave, lunchtimes, the 08:00 start, 17:00 finish of the helpdesk.
Technical experience and person specification
· Experience of working in a IT Helpdesk environment
· Active Directory experience
· Citrix user and session management experience
· Android mobile phone experience
· Computer hardware experience
· Windows (7/8/10) administration experience
· Windows Server Experience
· Networking Knowledge
The successful candidate will need to be reliable, diligent and incredibly customer-focussed:
· Can do attitude.
· Flexibility to support a diverse range of activities.
· Willingness to learn.
· Excellent communication skills.
This is a temporary position up until October 2017.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844