Purchasing, CIPS, FMCG,
We are currently recruiting for a global manufacturing client specialising in personal care/FMCG products.
This world-leading organisation is undergoing a rapid period of expansion and the role of Indirect Buyer is a new position to support other areas of the business in controlling spend and reducing cost. This could be quite varied, but will include Marketing spend, Facilities and Engineering spend plus IT spend, amongst other areas.
Applications are therefore invited from individuals from different sectors as this is going to be a varied portfolio.
However, this is a standalone role to the successful individual needs to be a great relationship builder able to drive/define a new role within the business.
Our client is offering you the opportunity to join the business at an exciting time, joining a fast-paced team dealing with complex situations that will challenge and develop your procurement capabilities. As a Senior Procurement Buyer, you will mainly be responsible for indirect procurement activities for various UK and EU Sites providing support to the European Head of Procurement as well as taking the lead on direct procurement savings linked to EU supply chain.
In return for your passion and desire to join a Procurement Team focused on delivery, you will receive excellent learning and development opportunities and gain career development paths.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be on offer for an adaptable individual who can work within a dynamic and demanding Procurement environment.
As a Senior Procurement Buyer, your main responsibilities will be/include:
- Execute procurement lead savings initiatives – as identified by Direct Procurement and other supply chain teams.
- Proactively review future needs and lead the procurement/sourcing process through marketplace competitions where appropriate, driving company values within.
- Lead supplier negotiations on behalf of the organization, and brief, present and deliver recommended contracting solutions to senior stakeholders.
- Maintain the strategic outlook over a 5-year period and ensure continuation of services is maintained while still achieving best value for money for the business. This will involve managing a number of strategic relationships with our suppliers and internal stakeholders as well as industry partners.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments/improvements in the marketplace and research and recommend improved models
- Develop a 5-year plan to deliver cost a cost down program YOY – in line with company defined cost reduction program – and report status monthly
- Attend regular supplier review meetings to ensure they are delivering to contract SLAs.
Successful Candidates Will Have/be
- A competent contract negotiator with confidence in drafting and executing contract agreements and negotiating favorable commercial terms and conditions
- Proven track record in delivering cost savings and service enhancements through best practice and management of the tender process;
- Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with complex situations and effectively influence senior Internal and external stakeholders and suppliers;
- Experience of working with multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales;
- A forward-thinking approach and an appreciation of proactive strategic procurement provision and methodology
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication and Microsoft office skills
- CIPs qualified or similar qualification
- Ideally 3 years + experience in a similar role
An attractive basic salary is available plus benefits.
Please email your CV in the first instance to Heather@rsfl.co.uk
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844