Group Purchasing Manager
Location: Sheffield or Whitstable
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8am – 5pm Friday 8am – 1pm
Our client is a high volume, high speed manufacturing company, manufacturing in the region of 550 million components annually, exporting 82% of their products. They are a large international manufacturing company who retain all the family values.
As an experienced Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for managing supplier relationships to ensure correct quality, lowest possible price, lead times and OTIF delivery. You will also be responsible for developing and providing strategic direction to the portfolio and spend.
The successful candidate will have:
- A solid understanding of manufacturing procurement, ideally with previous experience of purchasing metals or something similar.
- Proven ability to negotiate and manage supplier relationships.
- Strong IT skills including ERP/MRP systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all departments in the business.
- Experience of managing suppler audits
- The ability to identify and resolve potential material, inventory or commercial issues.
Note: due to the nature of the role you will be required at times to travel between 2 sites in the UK, you will also have the opportunity to travel internationally at times for business.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844