We are looking for a Finance Controller or a Company Accountant to join a very busy and rapidly growing client based in Folkestone. It is a very exciting time to join and the role will evolve over time growing with your experience and knowledge in line with the business growth.
Salary: up to £40k
You will be covering Payroll, Company Accounts, Budgeting and other financial duties.
All About the ROLE!
- Calculate and monitor commission payments due to sales staff. Carry out payroll calculations and produce wage slips for all staff members.
- Ensure all staff are paid on time. Collect mileage statements from staff for reimbursement.
- Oversee and maintain accurate company accounts, ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported.
- Monitor and report on position of bank accounts and reserve funds. Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing banking reports.
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports.
- Implementation and monitoring of budget’s companywide + individual departments.
- Creation of forecasts, to understand and monitor financial figures versus targets.
- Update and monitor Sage accounting package.
- Establish product pricing and regularly review.
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
- Produce regular Profit and Loss (P&L) calculations for submission to 3rd parties.
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
- Collect and reconcile receipts against company credit card statements.
- Liaise with HMRC on all Tax and VAT related matters.
All About YOU!
- Relevant qualifications
- High level MS Office skills on programs: Word, Excel – advanced formula and formatting, Access, Outlook
- Advanced understanding and skills on SAGE accounting packages
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Previous experience of writing policies and procedures
- Ability and previous experience of creating business cases
- Competent negotiation skills
- Good understanding of financial analysis
- Understanding of: Budgets, Financial forecasting, Accounting, Profit & Loss calculation, Strategy creation.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844