We are currently recruiting for an experience Family Lawyer (Solicitor or FILEx) for one of our well established clients, based in Herne Bay. The role will see you working with the Family team and be responsible for providing a range of family legal services.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Providing pre-marital advice, cohabitation, divorce/separation, financial settlement including Schedule 1 Children Act claims, private children and injunctive proceedings
- Conduct of client matters, including own advocacy
- Compliance with the firm's routine time recording, accounts and administrative disciplines including compliance with Lexcel requirements and orderly file management
- Be a member of Resolution, preferably a mediator, be collaboratively trained and/or have specialist family accreditation(s)
- Play an active role in sustaining and developing the family department by networking and participating in marketing events
- Continual updating of legal knowledge by regularly reading professional publications, contributing family articles and producing topical contributions for use in the firm’s social media
The overall objectives of the role:
- To agree clear objectives linked to the Firm’s business plan and participate in the performance management system, assessing performance and giving feedback as relevant
- To have a personal development plan and evaluate the effect of training on achievement
- To clearly identify the standards and systems required to continually improve our customer service
- To ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters and recognise that any breach of this confidentiality will be treated very seriously
- To genuinely be part of the family team and encourage a co-operative working relationship with other members of the department
The successful Family Lawyer will receive a competitive salary of £33-40,000, plus extra benefits such as 25 days holiday, pension, BUPA health care.
Apply today and don’t miss out!
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844