We are currently recruiting for a talented Design Manager to join our highly successful, global client in their London showroom in Clerkenwell, Central London. A superb opportunity to assist the UK and Ireland sales team by providing a tailored design service to new and existing clients. The role will require using strong digital and graphic design skills to show plans and marketing material in the best light.
Create exciting proposals for interior schemes and recommend products on the basis of colour, structure, trends and customer requirements, aiming towards securing projects and building long term client relationships.
Alongside to creative element to the role you will also play a key role in New Product Development, attending focus groups at the Design Centre in Holland. Provide guidance and feedback from the UK market on new colours and designs. You will also be integral in launching new products to the market, testing potential new products with Architects and Designers, prior to launch.
Furthermore, the role will also involve:
· Offering design expertise to sales teams and face to face with customers
· Provide excellent 2D/3D digital design schemes using the company product ranges
· Attend design shows
· Create appropriate mood boards to accompany designs
· Visualisation of colour/style – support with facts and figures
· Ability to explain the technical properties within the product ranges – manufacturing processes, product qualities, sustainability etc
· Assistant the Marketing team with product launches internally and externally – presentations, examples
· Building strong relationships and retaining current relationships
· Arranging events within the industry to showcase new products and ideas, recording and feeding back to NPD team
· Research and analysis of new and current trends - competitor research.
· Creating invitations and poster deigns for various events within the London Showroom
· Support with smooth running of Showroom, face to face customer enquiries and incoming calls
· Support the smooth running of the showroom floor by managing incoming calls and face to face customer enquiries
· Managing, mentoring and developing a Design Assistant
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
· Relevant design or textile degree
· Experience of working within a Showroom setting
· Strong experience within interior design industry
· Flair for colours and design
· Experience with 2D/3D design tools – Photoshop, InDesign, AutoCAD
· Strong SketchUp and Illustrator skills
· Understating of colour theory
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to travel nationwide and to Holland
This is a truly exciting opportunity for an established Design Manager to work for a very successful organisation within their industry.
The working hours will be 9am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday with a salary of circa £35,000.
Apply to day and don’t miss out!
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844