We are currently recruiting for a temporary Data Protection Assistant to support our client, based in Dover. Work 5 hours a day, Monday to Friday. This is a key role which will see you preparing for future compliance with the GDPR. You will be the first point of contact for data controllers/processors with regard to the processing of personal data and any such queries. Information Governance background would be ideal.
Hourly Rate - £11.59 per hour.
Duration – Approx. until end of August
You will also be maintaining knowledge of data protection laws and practices, as well as working with the R&I Manager to ensure the company is compliant with forthcoming GDPR and relevant UK data protection laws and regulations.
Furthermore, the role will also require:
• Assisting in the development of policies and procedures to ensure compliance of GDPR
• Plan and assist with data processing audits, reviewing and collation of date for review committees
• Regularly, monitoring core activities across the organisation to ensure they comply with the EU GDPR and report to R&I Manager as required
• Monitor and process the logging data breaches and information security incidents, escalating to R&I Manager for investigation
• To keep up to date with changes in legislation
• Assist with the general administration of data erasure/rectification/restrict processing requests
• To assist with Data Protection Impact Assessments and prepare/collate for R&I Manager to review
• Perform other duties as directed by the R&I Manager
• Work with information asset owners to ascertain the extent to which personal data is collected, held and/or and that it is properly controlled and safeguarded from loss of confidentiality, integrity or availability from any cause
• To assist with the delivery of training and information for all staff on their obligation to adhere to the EU GDPR and UK law(s) when dealing with personal data
• When trained, provide advice and guidance on data protection legislation and related matters and support the response to any data protection related queries from within the business
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Experience in Data Protection and legal compliance
• Knowledge of GDPR and compliance on the protection of individuals
• Experience of working within environments that process Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or Protected Health Information (PHI)
• Strong communication skills
• Exceptional organisational skills
• Polite and confident telephone manner
• MUST be able to drive between sites in South East Kent
This is a fantastic temporary opportunity for someone looking to support within compliance and GDPR.
Apply today and don’t miss out.
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844