Chef Part Time
We are looking for a Part Time Canteen Chef to work, to join a busy Truck stop café. The role is to run a two-person shift on a rota system, preparing food to order and to assist the head chef and the truck park manager with the development and profitability of the café You will be cooking and preparing tasty and filling traditional UK and European dishes from very early in the morning to late at night.
Hours: This is a part time permanent role, working both early and late shifts which cover weekends and Bank Holidays (8.5 hour shifts on a seven-day rota basis)
Hours: Part time on 6 week rolling rota, Monday to Saturday shift times are AM 6.15 am to 2.30 pm and PM 2.15 pm to 11 pm. Sunday AM is 8 am to 2.30 pm and PM 2.15 pm to 10 pm.
Pay: £8.66 per hour
All About the ROLE!
- Operate your own shift service with food preparation and the cooking of meals to order. Operate effective Café opening and closing procedures and practices
- Overall responsibility for the Café and kitchen during your shift. Assist with menu planning, scheduling and preparation of daily special dishes
- Participate in the monitoring of stock levels and ordering processes in accordance with best practice, using relevant and authorised suppliers
- Monitor supplier performance. Promote the Café with excellent customer service and quality cooking. Consider further areas for increasing sales and actively encourage upselling
- Explore opportunities for cost savings and any increases in profitability
- Assist the Catering Assistants with training and development, incorporating best practice with customer service, sales and upselling
- Ensure the Café is run in a professional manner whilst creating and maintaining a friendly atmosphere
- Ensure quality, uniformity and consistency for customers. To Lead team members by example and keep management informed of performance
- Clean the kitchen during and after your service, ensuring equipment, appliances and fixtures are cleaned and maintained including beer lines to bar area
- Maintain, monitor and ensure hygiene practices, processes and rules are always followed and keep and maintain records in accordance with EHO requirements and Café best practice
All About You!
Must hold a catering qualification and have 1+ years’ work experience in a similar role
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Work unsupervised
- Prioritise duties
- To offer the client Reliability and Professionalism
- Build good relationships with team members
- Communicate well at all levels
- Be flexible with duties to ensure a balanced workload for the team
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.