We are looking for a Chef to work, 42 hours per week (8.75 hour shifts on a seven-day rota basis) + Quarterly Bonus based on revenue taken. £8.40 per hour 42 hours per week.
The purpose of the role is to run a two-person shift on a rota system, preparing food to order and to assist the head chef and the truck park manager with the development and profitability. You will be cooking and preparing tasty and filling traditional UK and European dishes from very early in the morning to late at night.
All About You!
Must hold a catering qualification and have 1+ years’ work experience in a similar role
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Work unsupervised
• Prioritise duties
• To offer the client Reliability and Professionalism
• Build good relationships with team members
• Communicate well at all levels
• Be flexible with duties to ensure a balanced workload for the team
All About the Role!
• Operate effective café opening and closing procedures and practices. Operate your own shift service with food preparation and the cooking of meals to order
• Overall responsibility for the restaurant and kitchen during your service shift • Assist with menu planning, scheduling and preparation of daily special dishes
• Participate in the effective monitoring of stock levels and ordering processes in accordance with best practice, using relevant, authorised suppliers
• Monitor supplier performance • Promote the café with excellent customer service and quality cooking
• Consider further areas for increasing sales and actively encourage upselling • Explore opportunities for cost savings and any increases in profitability
• Assist the catering assistants with training and development, incorporating best practice with customer service, sales and upselling • Ensure that the café is run in a professional manner whilst creating and maintaining a friendly atmosphere
• Ensure quality, uniformity and consistency for customers
• Lead staff by example and keep the management informed of staff performance • Clean the kitchen during and at the end of your service, ensuring that the equipment, appliances and fixtures are cleaned and maintained, including beer lines to bar area
• Maintain, monitor and ensure that hygiene practices, processes and rules are followed at all times and to keep and maintain records in accordance with EHO requirements and café best practice.
If you match all skills required, then please send in your CV today.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Daniella Challinor Pettit
Tel: 01303 220844