Automation Workshop Technician
Overview of position
This is a critical role within the busy automation division, providing proactive response to the varying and often demanding customer and field engineer needs. The role requires good attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team. Extensive experience of circuit panel wiring will be required which includes crimping, soldering, and cable wiring, drilling, tapping and working to schematic/engineering drawings. Excellent communication skills are essential. An ability to think quickly and clearly will be required.
A good all round education, electronics knowledge & experience, plus computer skills are crucial to carrying out duties efficiently and effectively. A clean driving licence is required.
The role is customer led and the success is measured by meeting their needs and working to tight deadlines to achieve this goal.
· To assemble and wire control cabinets to a high standard from drawings and data provided
· Adapt circuit configurations to provide solutions to various system requirements
· Build a solid knowledge of our product range past and present to advise and assist customers and field engineers
· Fault finding both face to face and on the telephone to customers and engineers
· To provide test data on systems manufactured and record on paperwork
· To answer the phone efficiently and answer both internal and external queries
· To process callouts from customers through the system
· Assist in checking goods in and recording goods out to maintain stock control
· Gain a solid understanding on the in house computer system to enable correct allocation of components used
· To provide on site assistance with or without field engineers as need arises
· Technical drawings for customer site layouts and cabling requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity to in a large organisation who uphold a strong ethos for not just producing quality products, but also the services that the provide
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844