Location: Geographically you can reside anywhere in the UK that has close links to M1, M25, M20 or M2!
Overview of position
This is a critical role within the busy automation division, providing proactive response to the varying and often demanding customer needs. The role is extensively centred around site environments involving travelling from our headquarters. It requires good attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team in both installation, maintenance and repair of automation systems and access control. Extensive experience of circuit panel and system wiring will be required which includes cable wiring, drilling, tapping and working to schematic/engineering drawings, however training will be provided. Excellent communication skills are essential and an ability to think quickly and clearly will be required.
The role will require staying away from home when required and will also include the ability to be able to be available for the on-call rota system
A good all round education, electronics and mechanical knowledge & experience, plus computer skills are crucial to carrying out duties efficiently and effectively. A clean driving licence is required.
The role is customer led and the success is measured by meeting their needs and working to tight deadlines to achieve this goal.
• To travel to sites Nationwide to carry out a wide variety of jobs
• To check all mechanical aspects of installations, ensuring gates are correctly installed & take steps to rectify problems
• To install wiring and automation systems including access control
• To liaise with Product Manager and Technical Team to resolve site specific problems
• To test & commission projects and provide relevant testing data
• To ensure all systems are fully safe and compliant to relevant legislation
• To survey existing systems for safety upgrades and supply office with technical requirements
• To fault find, repair & service automation systems as required
• To liaise with customer to ensure their understanding of systems and satisfaction
• To be able to stay away at short notice
• To carry out flexible working hours when required
• Observe good working practice
• To keep office updated of progress daily and ensure you phone in before leaving your last job each day
• To comply with reasonable management instruction
• Take appropriate actions when customer safety upgrade requirements have been identified
• To drive sensibly and safety to and from sites & observe company policy at all times
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
• Ensure that all operational and procedural guidelines for I.T./Business systems are followed to protect the data integrity
• Ensure that Company and Statutory Health & Safety requirements are met and maintained at all times.
• Be responsible for your own personal safety, act responsibly and respectfully at all times to protect the safety of all colleagues
Our client uphold a strong ethos for not just producing quality products, but also the service they provide.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844