Scientific, Laboratory, Quality Control, Shift Leader
Exciting new instruction with a global manufacturing client in the area for an Analytical Shift Leader working alongside the Quality Control department and reporting to the Plant Quality Manager.
Educational background and work experience required:
A Level (or equivalent) in a Science based subject
Any previous analytical experience within a QC lab in a regulated industry (ideally Cosmetics or Medical Devices or related)
Hands on experience of using the majority of the key analytical techniques utilised in a lab (ie. GC,
IR, IC, KF, RS, SG etc)
Computer literacy with any experience using SAP helpful.
Knowledge and any experience of working to ISO Standard 9001,13485,22716
The main purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the role is to lead the Quality Control shift team in the analytical support of company in-house operations covering fast moving consumer goods.
The primary responsibility is the accurate and efficient analysis of Raw Materials, Bulk product and Finished goods against approved specifications.
Analytical techniques employed include GC, IC, UIR, Karl Fischer, Refractive Index, Specific Gravity, Rotational Viscometers, Fluoride Testing and Wet Chemistry.
The role will have additional responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Updating specifications
• Updating QCL methods
• Batch Release of Raw Materials, Bulk and Finished Goods in LIMs and SAP
• Supporting Manufacture through In Process additions/decisions
• Escalating Quality Issues during daily production meetings.
• Maintaining the retained sample store
• Keep detailed, up to date lab notebooks in accordance with company policies
• Support of consumer complaint investigations
• Stability testing in conjunction with Research and Development
• Qualify new equipment
• KPI generation & reporting
• Instrument diagnostics
• Reporting and investigating deviations
• Maintenance of Calibration Data
• Attend meetings in absence of relevant Manager
• Risk Analysis
• Process Validation
• Liaising with Production and other departments
• Release of specific products on the SAP system and Alloga as and when required according to European Regulations 92/25/EEC as amended
• Release of CE marked products in conjunction with the European Regulatory Manager and QA GMP Manager.
What hours will you be working?
You will be working:
40 hours per week, 12 hour shifts, 4 days on, 4 days off 6am – 6pm,with breaks.
In exchange, or client is offering an attractive salary and benefits package including annual bonus.
If you have the educational background, experience we are seeking and would like to be considered for the above, then please submit your up to date CV as soon as possible.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844